Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle

mode media/glam network

Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette

If you checked out my Spring Wishlist post last week, then you may have noticed one of my wishes was the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I owned the Naked palette in college (which I have since lost), and I currently own the Naked 2, Naked Basics, and now the 3!
\
To be honest, I've never been crazy about pink eyeshadows. I find that if used incorrectly, the red and pink tones can make you look sick... This is why I didn't immediately jump to buy the Naked 3 when it was released. I waited around instead to see what other people thought about it. Every review I read was positive and when you compare the three palettes, the Naked & Naked 2 look relatively similar, but the Naked 3 looks completely different in terms of the shadow colors. 

The palette has 12 brand new shades from Urban Decay, from an almost white color 'Strange', to the darkest almost-black color with pink/red glitter in it 'Blackheart'. 

The packaging is the same as the Naked 2, in a "pencil tin" type box, which some people don't like but I really don't mind. It holds up well... I've had my Naked 2 for two years now and it's still holding up strong in this packaging, so I can't complain. It may not be as stylish as the Naked palette's original velvety case, but in terms of functionality I've had no issues with it. 




I'm also a fan of the double-ended eyeshadow brush that comes with this palette.


Left to right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

I just got this palette last week, and aside from swatching them all above, my most used shadows or the ones that I'm loving right off the bat are:

Strange: an off white shimmery shadow that is great for highlighting the inner corners of the eye and the arch of the brow
Burnout: a nice everyday copperish shade with a light shimmer that works all over the lid 
Limit: light rosy neutral; a very pretty shade to contour the crease
Nooner: a rosy taupe color that's good to deepen the crease contour
Darkside: a gunmetal gray color with very subtle pinky purple undertones

Those descriptions are my own, not the official urban decay ones... obviously. I have definitely been loving the Naked 3 palette and recommend it. The rosy neutral shades give a gorgeous, soft, romantic look that is wearable for everyday, but also able to create a lot of fun different looks for any occasion. 

If you don't own ANY of the Naked palettes, I would suggest getting either the original or the 2. If you like those colors and want to play around with some more then get the 3 as well. You can find them here:


The Naked palette is described as bronze neutrals, Naked 2 more taupe neutrals, and Naked 3 is rosy neutrals. The Naked Basics is a compact palette with about half the shades of the regular sized Naked palettes. Most of the shades are matte, everyday, super wearable and blendable. It's definitely a go-to eyeshadow palette for me. 

The Naked, Naked2, and Naked3 palettes are all $52, and the Naked Basics palette goes for $28. You get 12 shadows in the 3 bigger palettes (works out to $4.33/shade) and 6 shadows in the Basics palette ($4.67/shade). I love these palettes and I definitely think they are worth trying out! 

Are you a Naked palette lover too? What are your favorite Urban Decay products? Let me know!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daniela June

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig