Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle

mode media/glam network

What's in my bag?: Rebecca Minkoff 'Cupid' Satchel

What's in my bag?

1. Rebecca Minkoff 'Cupid' Satchel
I walked into Nordstrom on one of my vacation days and made a B-line for the handbag section. I approached a friendly looking sales clerk and asked her to show me her current favorite bags in store. Without hesitation, she directed my attention towards the Rebecca Minkoff ‘Cupid’ satchel in black with gold hardware. I was INSTANTLY in love and sold. I didn’t even want to look at any other bags, which I know is silly considering the price tag but I just knew this bag was perfect for me. And I was right. I have used it every day since I bought it. Obsessed is an understatement.
Now onto what's inside.. 

2. iPhone 5
Shocker. Most frequently used item in my purse is obviously my phone. I have a white iPhone 5 and I am currently using a cool reflective case from kate spade saturday. I also have a little purple button stuck on to the home button, which is also from kate spade saturday. I got them on sale at the store in Rice Village in Houston, and I couldn't find them on their website anymore. But they do have cute phone accessories if you want to check them out!

3. Rosebud Lip Salve in Strawberry
I'm a seriously addicted to lip balm/salve/chapstick/anything for your lips. This has been my go-to lip salve for about a decade now and it is an absolute must have for me. I love this stuff. I go back and forth between the original rose and the strawberry versions. It’s inexpensive, feels great, smells good, and doesn’t really add any color to your lips. It’s also very affordable for about $5, and I usually see it at the check-out in Sephora with all the other mini products. 

4. Ralph Lauren "Blue"
This has been my favorite perfume since middle school, and I'm not exaggerating. I remember one of my friends back then wearing it and I definitely copied her and fell in love with this scent. The only unfortunate thing about it is that it's not easy to find these days. I am really not good at describing scents, but it is described online as having "the same casual elegance that defines Polo clothing- crisp nautical-inspired looks and fresh, breezy designs... Lush fragrances for women evoke the waves and sky of a dreamy day at the beach... From sunny afternoons on the sand to cool, breezy evenings watching the sun go down over the water, this fragrance is every leisurely moment wrapped up in one memorable scent." Sounds pretty nice... honestly I have never thought of the beach when smelling this but it is a very nice, classy, everyday scent that lasts all day and also the scent does change a bit as the day goes on, in a good way. Right now I have 2 big bottles of this at my house and I carry a little travel size one in my purse. I consider it my signature scent (even though I technically copied my friend who had it in the 7th grade!)

5. Bite Lip Tint in "Juice"
I know I already had a lip salve on this list, but this gives a tint of color that the Rosebud salve lacks. It's also extremely moisturizing and a great go-to lip color for everyday. It gives a natural corally-red flush to the lips that's not too strong and feels so smooth and buttery. Love it. This has become a new favorite brand for lip products and the packaging is super sleek. I work in a pretty conservative work environment, so if I want to quickly touch up my lipstick I would prefer the packaging be discreet and not some bubble gum pink glittery thing. The tint also stays on your lips for hours. 

6. Headphones
These are an absolute must for me at work and at the gym. I bought these at a CVS when I was out of town on a business trip and they've held up for over a year. 

7. Soap & Glory Hand Food
This is just a really great hand cream and the smell is nice but quite neutral, not at all overpowering. 

8. Benefit's the POREfessional Agent Zero Shine powder
I always keep some sort of blotting powder in my purse to control shine and touch up my makeup throughout the day. Lately I’ve been using this powder by benefit. It’s awesome for throwing in your purse or travelling because it has a brush on one side, and the cap on the other side can be used to put the product in and get it on your brush before you apply it. It’s a good mattifying powder that doesn’t look cakey over your makeup.

9. Evian mineral water spray
This stuff is kind of gimmicky, I know, it’s just water coming out in a mist. But honestly I find it really refreshing and a nice pick-me-up in the middle of the day if my skin feels dry or if it’s really hot outside (which here is often the case here in Texas). I also love this stuff when I’m travelling, because it feels so nice and hydrating. I usually find these at Sephora in two-packs, and a small bottle of this mist usually lasts me for at least 2-3 months. 

10. Altoids (Wintergreen)
Gotta have some mints to keep your breath in check. I almost always eat these two at a time… I don’t know why, one is never enough. It's not unlike me to also have 3 different flavors of gum in my bag at any given time, but right now these Altoids are all I got. 

Other miscellaneous items: Gift cards (to Whole Foods & Starbucks, from my sweet mother), Half-eaten Chocolate Coconut Chew Larabar (delicious vegan & GF snack bars with a great list of ingredients), checkbook, business cards, coupons, receipts, a napkin, pens, a banana, and my security key card thing to get into the office. 

Hope you enjoyed this little peek into my purse! Let me know what your everyday handbag necessities are in the comments!

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always buy new and trendy handbags for daily use. But this time I want to buy one Rebecca Minkoff Cupid for my wedding party. It’s my wedding so recommend me good quality bag as such price no bar.

    ReplyDelete

© Daniela June

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig